Tuesday, January 12, 2010

When they are mad at Mama...

HY is very funny. Sometimes she is very serious and likes to focus on her own thinking. She looks out into the distance and there is no expression on her face. She also does that when she is mad at me for not picking her up soon enough.

It is difficult to get HY to smile once she is mad. It takes some energy. I will play the "eye catching game" with HY to try to make her smile. Well, I try to "catch her eyes with my eyes". She avoids my eye contact when I hold her. I turn her around so that my face is in front of her eyes. She looks away to the side and I just keep on turning her body to get her to look at my eyes. When she runs out of space and neck room, she quickly turns to the opposite side, successfully avoids my eye contact. Then, I keep on turning her little body so that my face is always right in front of her eyes. Sometimes I even get very closed and right up to her face. After a few rounds of "eye catching", HY stops all of a sudden and looks straight in my eyes. Her face was still straight, as if she is saying "Mama, can you stop that, that's annoying. Give me some space." Once she looks at my eyes, I cheer and give her a sequence of big kisses on her cheeks and her forehead. I make sure I have loud kisses because she loves that. At the end of my kisses attacks, she gives in and smiles. Sometimes she even giggles.

There was one time that she was really really mad. After the "eye catching games" and kisses, she was still made. One more trick, I turned on some music so that I could sing and dance alone the music with HY in my arm. She loved the dance movement with the rhythm of the music. After one song, I got her to give me a second long smile. Well, that meant I had to try harder. Another trick, I let her sit on my tummy facing me. I arched my back up and down so that she bounced up and down. She for sure giggles this way!

When EY is mad, she doesn't avoid my eye contact but her mouth frowning. I have to immediately do my dance move so that she doesn't start crying. Instead, she will break into laughter.

Yes, little babies do get mad:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment