Thursday, January 28, 2010

Diaper time = Fun time

Our girls love being diaper changed . Well, because it is fun time! We would lift them very high up with our arms and did a few ups and downs. They opened their mouths wide open to laugh. Sometimes WY lifted up HY too high and quickly, HY had a scared expression on her face instead. No matter what expression they got, they would receive a cheerful "yeah, diaper time" announcement from us.

Once we laid them down on the changing table, they immediately fixated on the radio by the changing table. They grabbed on the knobs but not able to turn them yet. The girls also loved to grab onto their feet now. They were able to put their feet in their mouths. Luckily, neither of them seemed to be interested in licking their own feet yet. Knock on the wood now.

I would get very closed to their face and let my hair dangle above their little chubby face. They would give me a very gentle smile, a slow blink, and "ahh, ahh" to communicate with me. They would use their little hands to play with my hair. Sometimes they would try to grab my hair instead of just a gentle touch, I would quickly lift up my head and let my hair escape. Ohh yeah, if I were too slow, it would hurt very much. I got trained to react fast.

WY would count their toes for them "one, two, three... and ten! You got ten toes!" Of course they giggled every time.

Now, they would lift up their legs in the air for us to wipe their butts. When we were done wiping, we put the diapers down and had to push their legs and remind them to let their legs down. Once they dropped their legs, they would stretch those thighs and feet and toes. The lines were perfect for dancing! They would also arch their back and curved it with pointy toes, like they were practicing their dance moves. I love to squeeze those chubby chubby thighs :-)

Diaper time equals to fun time for us, the girls and the parents. I am so glad they enjoy it. Because of the fun, that made the smell less bothersome which was hard to ignore always:-P

1 comment: