Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Separation Anxiety

Last week, I put the girls at their exer-saucer as usual and walked to the bathroom to wash my hands after changing diapers for them. Right after I left the room, HY started to cry loudly. I thought something was wrong and hurry to wash my hands and checked on her. When I walked back towards her, she stopped crying. She looked at me with her big and watery eyes and cooed at me. So cute!

"Are you OK, HY? What's wrong?" I didn't pick her up because picking her up in front of EY may not be a good ideas. She was fine and I gave her a stroke on her head and a kiss on the cheek then she went back to play her toys on the exer-saucer. I started to clean up the bottles and burping clothes. The girls were just fine playing and checking out each others' actions. I walked towards the kitchen with the empty milk bottles and just a few steps out of the living room, HY screamed and followed with a heart breaking cry. Wow, what was that? She was really crying with tear drops coming out of eyes down to her big cheeks. Once again, I went check on her and she was fine.

It happened over and over again to HY and finally I realized that she developed the separation anxiety. It didn't matter what I was doing, I had to stop and went over the comfort her. So far, only the musical swing was able to calm her and distract her.

Warning to my visitors: the girls may cry on you when I hand them over to you to hold. Don't take it personally:-P

Stranger anxiety to come :-(

Yes, thankfully they will grow out of this phase eventually.

1 comment:

  1. It's a sign they are normal babies! A frustrating stage but it gets better...eventually. Will have to hold them one more time before it really kicks in!

    ReplyDelete