Monday, December 7, 2009

First conversation

I forgot exactly how old they were when they started to "talk" to each other.

One day in the 4th month, I popped HY up again the sofa pillow and sit EY facing HY. This was the first time that they sat face to face. At first they were just looking and checking each other out. Then, EY smiled at HY and waved her arms. HY was shocked and not knowing what to react. EY added the cooing to her friendly smile and hand motions. She patiently waited HY's reaction. HY was just looking at her sister with a blank face, no responses. After two more friendly approaches, HY finally cooed back at EY. EY was so happy that HY responded and she kept on cooing and cooing. HY cooed back from time to time. A couple of minutes later, HY got a bit tired from sitting against the pillow and started to slide her down and lost eye contact with EY. Their first conversation was finished.

Wow, imagine how excited I was! I almost wanted to call WY at work just to tell him what I just witness - my babies' first conversation with each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment