Friday, December 18, 2009

First attempt on rice cereal

Yesterday they were 5 months and 2 weeks old. Told by their Ped doc, we should try to feed them rice cereal at 5 and half of months. I was excited. None of the baby spoons or bowls arrived yet from Amazon. I used our coffee spoon to feed them the rice cereal.

At first, EY gave me a benefit of doubt, she opened her mouth and let me put the stuff in. Then, she used her tongue to push everything out. I tried a few more times and she got fed up. She closed her mouth and turned her head away. She gave me a look saying with her eyes "what are you feeding me, Mama? When is my milk? I want my milk!"Let's try HY. As I approached with the spoon, she just pulled back and kept her mouth shut. She peeked at me with her peripheral vision to make sure I didn't move closer with the spoon. OK?! I guessed that was our first try! They were not into it yet. What's the next step?

1 comment:

  1. Only the optometrist mommy would notice her baby's peripheral vision hehehe.

    ReplyDelete