Monday, August 2, 2010

HY's first step

Yesterday we took the girls to nursery during Sunday service the very first time. WY attended the service and I stayed with the girls.

There were other kids around playing. It took them sometime to warm up. As usual, HY was the one started to play with the toys and crawled towards other kids. After seeing HY playing, EY let go of my jacket which she was holding tightly in her fists.

The other kids were all older and they were able to walk. HY kept on watching the girl who was just 6 months older than her. That little girl walked around HY and then walked away but kept on looking at HY and EY.

I asked HY whether she wanted to practice walking since there was carpet. HY stood up holding onto my hands and started to walk. She walked well holding my hands. Then, I gently pushed her little fingers away and see whether she could walk forward. It happened so fast that she couldn't stop her pace while her hands were free in the air. "one, two!" She did it! Quickly, she got hold of my hands and laughed!

1 comment:

  1. We had a similar experience! We took the girls to the nursery where they saw another girl about the same age who pulled herself to standing. That night, they both did it as well. Peer pressure!

    Glad that your first day in the nursery went so well!

    ReplyDelete