Monday, August 23, 2010

45 steps forward

My dad helped the girls to practice walking every time he came over to baby sit the girls. It was fun to hear gong-gong cheering the girls on. Gong gong could count out loud "one, two, three" in Chinese for the girls if they tried to take a step forward.

Last week I heard my dad counting and the numbers were in 20s. I was curious whether he was counting as the girls walked. I went over and HY was walking and Gong gong was counting for her. Wow, 31, 32, ..40, wow, I had my mouth wide open and same as HY who was excited and proud of herself. 43, 44, 45! HY finally lost her balance and landed on her butt. We were all so excited for her and her accomplishment. We gave her a big big hug and many kisses on her cheek. She knew she did a good job also because you could see her proud smile on her face and her eyes were lit up! Good job, HY! You did 45 steps forward on your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment