Wednesday, May 5, 2010

HY is crawling forward!!!!!!

Yes, it has been a while since EY could explore the room on her own and leaving sister HY sitting alone and watched. HY was always teased by grandparents on not trying to crawl and crying for help instead. It was always a funny picture that EY would crawl around HY to search for HY's toy and then take off to her other adventure. Both of them would cry for different reasons. HY would cry for help to get to where sister was and EY would cry because she failed or hurt herself.

Well, today, HY tried to change from sitting to crawling position to get to her blue cup. She was able to reach in her semi-crawling position. She was able to get on her all four to reach out. I was wondering whether she could actually crawl if she had to. So, I took HY's blue cup from her hand and placed it further away from her. At first she tried to reach and she was still short about 10 inches. She looked at me to see whether I was going to help her. I sat back and told her that she could get it herself. I turned to look at sister instead. HY carefully, slowly got on her all four, then, crawled forward with one leg pushing only. Two steps of crawling, she was able to reach the blue cup. The leg she was not using to push was still bent in away that she could sit her butt onto it to help her change back to sitting position. I was so thrilled. I gave her a big kiss and clapped to cheer her up. She knew she did well. She smile, very big one.

Of course, I wanted to make sure that was not by luck, haha. I repeated the act of placing her blue cup away from her. Yes, she did it again! I jumped up and downs after that. Haha, I wanted her to practice more, so, again, I took the blue cup from her. This time, she screamed at as if she was saying what's wrong with you, mama, give me the blue cup back. I am not going to sweat my back off to crawl to get it back. You took it from me so give it back to me. At first I was like "HY, try again, you need to practice." but she gave me a very very mad look and screamed sharply, not crying, so, I gave her the blue cup back and gave her a break.

But you know what, she was playing with the blue cup and she decided to practice her throwing object technique, then, she threw her blue cup away. Well, in order to get it, she ended up crawling again to get her blue cup back.

I think she is really attached to the blue cup now. I may need to buy one set of cups just in case if we loss this one and we'll have a back-up.

Anyway, HY is crawling forward and mama is so so excited for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment