Sunday, April 11, 2010

the sock test

One day I came home, grandma made a statement saying EY being smarter than HY. I asked how she came to that conclusion because they were awfully young to be compared that way. Here came the sock test. Grandma and Grandpa demonstrated "THE SOCK TEST".

Grandma first put one of the girls' sock on EY's head. EY noticed something was on her head so she looked up to see whether she could see what that was. By looking up, her head tilted and the sock felt off.

Then, Grandma put the same sock on HY's head. HY glanced at Grandma w/a puzzled look then went on playing with her toys and let the sock on sitting on her head.

"You see, HY didn't know there was a sock and EY knew it. EY is smarter. Hahaha..."
"Hmm... I don't think that proved EY smarter than HY but OK, they seemed to react to things differently. "

In my head I was just glad that the girls didn't understand what grandparents were saying. I didn't think HY liked that statement, haha.

Well, almost one month later, here I showed WY the sock test. I put their little sock on HY's head and HY knew something was there right away. She didn't look up but she used her little hand tried to grab it off instead. After a few attempts, she did successfully. Now, EY's turn. I put the same sock the same way on EY's head. Guess what, she knew it, too and she grabbed it off with her hands, too.

Yeah, two smart girls. They both passed the sock test! Better show Grandma Grandpa this week : -)

No comments:

Post a Comment