Thursday, April 8, 2010

Live Shrimp!

In Chinese saying "acting like a live shrimp" describes someone can't sit still and move one's legs and arms around very quickly like a live shrimp in the water.

Haha, lately, I have been using this term on EY. EY got this strong kicks of her legs that she could escape our of my hands when I held her and jumped somewhere. For example, when I bathed her, once she laid down in the tub, her legs kicked the water in a fast and regular pattern as if she have learned how to swim and she was doing the frog kick style. Her kicks were so strong that her bath tub was shaking up. She was so excited and had her mouth wide open and looked at me "Mama, water is so fun. Look at me, I am swimming. " Of course, I could barely hold her in place to clean her. Once we put her on the changing table, she started her kicks again. This time was in the air. With her flapping arms, she thought she could fly! Ohh, trust me, I sweet just to keep her on the table not flying off somewhere. Her last famous kick was when we held her up in the air. She kicked and laughed and if we landed her on a hard surface, she would have jumped so high and escaped our hands. Now, we learned from grandma, we gave EY and HY a toy to hold onto so that they would be occupied and not to escape and increase the difficulty of the simple task - diaper changing.

HY had her live shrimp moments as well. Her move was to arch backwards if she was put down to sit or she had enough food. She waved her hands very fast across her face and no spoons or face cloth would escape that quick swift - creating a big mess on her clothes.

Now, do you understand the term "live shrimp" more?

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to tell me how to say Live Shrimp. I know shrimp but I don't know the Live part! I must have been a lazy baby because my parents never called me that haha.

    ReplyDelete