Friday, March 26, 2010

Share!

When I put a toy between the girls, they used to just look at them and maybe one of them would grab it and play with it while sister would just look or play with other stuff. This week, the girls seemed to be interested in the same toy. If I gave HY a toy, HY would hold onto it and flipped it around to check it out then maybe she would put it into her mouth to taste it. Before she could complete her examination by looking, EY would lean forward and grab the toy out of HY's hand. HY would try to take it back but EY had a stronger gripe of the toy and she would turn her body to the opposite side of HY so that HY couldn't reach. EY so far was the winner on taking possession of toys. Right now, HY didn't cry after losing the toy. She would try to get it back but if she failed a few attempts, then, she would just look for other things to play. There was only one time she looked at me and gave me sad face and blinked her big eyes then I intervened. I told EY to share with HY. "Let's share. " Then, I took the toy back and put it in between them so that HY would have a chance to get the toy and play with it. EY was fast. The moment the toy was taken from her, her eyes were following it and as soon as I put it down. She reached out and got it again. Then, I would let her play with it for a bit then took it from her to give it to HY. Before I knew it, EY had the toy back in her hands in no time.

Ohh yeah, this is the new concept to the girls. "Share!" "Let's share." I hope they learn to share early in their lives because I don't know how to be fair and make them share. God has to teach me that. Growing up as an only child didn't help on this part. I didn't remember that I learned to share my stuff with others until elementary school. No one needed me to share the toys with when I was little. It will be very different for our girls :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment